Seeking experienced Technical Writer with solid writing and proofreading skills and Adobe FrameMaker and MS Word/PowerPoint experience to accurately create and/or update technical end-user and instructor-led training documentation.
- Collaborate with instructional designers and subject matter experts to write and format new and/or update existing instructor-led training content, including facilitator and student guide using Adobe FrameMaker and MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality of documentation following standards and leveraging existing document templates
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience creating technical training documentation
- Proficient with Adobe FrameMaker and MS Office applications, such as Word and PowerPoint
- Strong writing, proofing and editing skills
- Proven track record of on-time project completion
- Ability to work with others and work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
Job type: Contract
Utilize your instructional design skills and passion for learning principles to help our clients meet their business goals. You will directly support our client strategies by working with all levels within the organization to determine training needs and develop learning content.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Facilitate and assist in the development of learning solutions complete with process mapping and learning plans.
- Work directly with subject matter experts to develop and design facilitator-led courses and online learning courses.
- Create client standards for content and training materials.
- Spearhead the development of design facilitator-led training and online learning courses to support the key business units.
- Participate in training steering committee meetings to provide scope and status reports to the executive team.
- Manage assigned internal and/or external resources as part of overall project management responsibilities.
- Serve as our internal expert on multi-media training options complete with recommendations on courses of action to meet training objectives.
- Successfully manage a fluid project work load with appropriate adaptation to change priorities, as needed.
- Assist team members with development tasks when needed.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of full-time instructional design experience, preferably in a business setting. (Sample work a must be submitted).
- A Bachelor's Degree with a writing major and/or Instructional Design focus.
- Successful and proven track record with development tools such as: multi-media, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia and LMS systems.
- Advanced writing skills with a proven track record of training deliverables.
- Voice-over experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to travel 5-10% as needed.